Photo GalleryClick on a photo to enlarge and for more information.
'Images of Clay'
Membership - who should join?
Membership is open to all with a serious interest in the Mineral Sciences. The Society particularly encourages students to join and offers free membership for one year to all students. Download a Membership application form here or join online here. All applications for membership are considered at one of the two annual meetings of Council. These are held in April and October. Membership requires the approval of council. Applications received after the April meeting of Council, are considered at the October meeting of Council, and membership will usually commence on 1st January of the following year, unless the new members wishes to receive publications for the current year.
Types of membership
Membership options are flexible. Members and Student Members can join for a basic fee, for which they will receive the bimonthly membership magazine Elements. In addition, they may opt to subscribe either or both of the Society's two journals, in paper or electronic only format.
Benefits of membership
- Opportunities to meet and work with others in your field
- Subsidized rates for student members
- Society journals available at marginal cost to all members
- Elements international magazine of mineralogy, geochemistry and petrology six times a year
- Discount on all Society books and monographs
- Reduced subscription rates to other related journals
- Free or discounted registration fees to Society and other conferences