Photo GalleryClick on a photo to enlarge and for more information.
Halloysite - on surface of K-feldspar with albite dissolution lamellae
'Images of Clay'
'Images of Clay'
NAC Field trip 11
Websites including lists of further interest to mineralogists and students of the mineral sciences
- Atlas of Opaque Minerals (Ixer)
- Gemology Courses listing
- British Antarctic Survey
- British Geological Survey
- Crystallographic Web Servers
- Crystallography Online
- CANUCKLINKS.COM Geology Center (Canadian site)
- Earthworks (on-line database of career opportunities)
- European Soil Bureau
- Geoscience Information Group
- Geological Survey of Norway (NGU)
- Heddle collection, National Museum of Scotland
- INFO-MINE. Mining Information Site
- International Center for Scientific Research A world reference portal for science
- Large Igneous Provinces Commission
- London Student
- Mindat.org Largest mineral database on the internet over 11,000 mineral specimens listed (photos)
- MinIdent-Win Mineralogical Identification Software from the Natural History Museum
- Mineralogy Database (by David Barthelmy)
- www.Gabbrosoft.org. Spreadshets can be downloaded and used to recalculate mineral stoichiometry based on electron microprobe anaylsis.
- MTU Volcanoes Page
- Natural Environment Research Council.
- ROCKWATCH, the national geology club for young people who are interested in all things 'rocky' and the junior club of the Geologists' Association
- Russian Geological and Geophysical Resources
- Science Council UK
- Scirus Online search tool (Google for scientists!) covers 150 million pages of scientific information
- SpectroscopyNOW.com Online resource serving the Spectroscopy Community
- US Geological Survey
- Very Low-Grade Metamorphism Home Page (VLGM)
- Virtual Cave
- Virtual Geosciences Professor
- Welcome to the World of Scanning Electron Microscopy