Photo GalleryClick on a photo to enlarge and for more information.
Whewellite and Weddellite on biomass of S.himantioides
'Images of Clay'
'Images of Clay'
Websites including lists of further interest to mineralogists and students of the mineral sciences
- Atlas of Opaque Minerals (Ixer)
- Gemology Courses listing
- British Antarctic Survey
- British Geological Survey
- Crystallographic Web Servers
- Crystallography Online
- CANUCKLINKS.COM Geology Center (Canadian site)
- Earthworks (on-line database of career opportunities)
- European Soil Bureau
- Geoscience Information Group
- Geological Survey of Norway (NGU)
- Heddle collection, National Museum of Scotland
- INFO-MINE. Mining Information Site
- International Center for Scientific Research A world reference portal for science
- Large Igneous Provinces Commission
- London Student
- Mindat.org Largest mineral database on the internet over 11,000 mineral specimens listed (photos)
- MinIdent-Win Mineralogical Identification Software from the Natural History Museum
- Mineralogy Database (by David Barthelmy)
- www.Gabbrosoft.org. Spreadshets can be downloaded and used to recalculate mineral stoichiometry based on electron microprobe anaylsis.
- MTU Volcanoes Page
- Natural Environment Research Council.
- ROCKWATCH, the national geology club for young people who are interested in all things 'rocky' and the junior club of the Geologists' Association
- Russian Geological and Geophysical Resources
- Science Council UK
- Scirus Online search tool (Google for scientists!) covers 150 million pages of scientific information
- SpectroscopyNOW.com Online resource serving the Spectroscopy Community
- US Geological Survey
- Very Low-Grade Metamorphism Home Page (VLGM)
- Virtual Cave
- Virtual Geosciences Professor
- Welcome to the World of Scanning Electron Microscopy